Sunday, August 09, 2009

corney

it's corn season.

growing up, I hated corn season. I just wasn't that interested in it... I was interested in the butter... but could care less for the sensation of corn stuck between my teeth. and. I was too lazy to cut it off the cob.
and, it wasn't all that good.

it came to my attention a few years ago that I was going about corn all wrong... I was called a "PINHEAD" and was told to stop buying my corn at No Frills.

Since switching to buying my corn from the adorable old farmer down the way... I have become a corn addict. My compost bin is filled to the brim with husks... my trips to the loo ever so satisfying.... it's likely I should be investing in dental floss.

Thank you Farmer Dolly.

2 comments:

RG said...

It's not quite corn season here but soon .. yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The locals sell it from little trailers with a welded on ammo-box with a slit for money. Usually about 8 ears for a dollar .. fresh every day! Have it every day!

Paul Wilkinson said...

I grew up on grocery store corn in Toronto and never truly tasted the real thing until we moved out here to the boonies.


Word verification: chyli (really!) as in, I think I will add some corn to my chyli.