Monday, November 09, 2009

fuzz butt

it came to a smack-down between myself and Sir Pontouff Pony this evening.
I've come to realize that the poor fuzz pot, as large and disproportionate as he is... has a difficult time getting at his own tail.
so.
tonight, armed with scissors and patience,
I was able to whittle it down to a third of it's size.
a more... natural looking size.

the giant tufts of fur, large matts nearly the size of my fist... reminded me of "the teddy bear" littlebits used to sport on the back of her head. For those of you who weren't around in those years, my little sister had dreadlocks.... with one strangely shaped clump hidden underneath. It had a name.

Naturally, since poor 'Touf was upside down and couldn't do too much about it, I worked my way around to one of his oddly shaped feet. His feet wouldn't be so oddly shaped if he'd bother to groom them too. He seems to like to drag around clumps of fur the size of FynnPants.

Fur Kankles. Fankles?

I managed to clear one leg before the squirming started. Squirming isn't a problem if you're holding a normal rabbit. If you're holding a Flemish Giant, it means the grooming session is nearly over. In the first giant kick, I was pulling on the last of a clump of fur, unfortunately it meant that it tore his skin! A tiny tear, but I imagine it hurt a heck of a lot. Enough that he flipped over unexpectedly... and managed to get a nail stuck in my sweater - one more kick and he tore the nail off.
Poor giant bunny.
Some forced cuddles and a quick check, no dripping blood *phew*, the Kangaroo was back in his mansion drinking water and hopping around.

Other than a few dirty looks (rabbits are disapproving after all) I think all is well.

Tomorrow I'll attack the other foot, and maybe get those nails trimmed!

2 comments:

RG said...

Good God ... be more careful. A Flemish ... must be fun just to hold!

L.Bo Marie said...

22 years of bunny owning. this is a first.