Friday, February 12, 2010

Canada's next top Lame-o

yup, this confirms it.
I'm the LAMEST person I know.

Tonight was one of those lovely nights, pulling me out of a funk that's taken over the past few days. Brisk air, sun shining down, dinner with dear friends, and a concert.
Not just any concert.
The lovely Martyn Joseph was in town.

I love this guy's music. It's from just the right spot.
here... have a video. (ok two).

So, I've had the privilege of seeing him in concert several times. The first time was out at the gallery- in the middle of '08's worst snowstorm. This summer he played at the festival- and I ran into him around the campfire a few times- he played my Uke (and put me to shame).

so of course, what's the first thing I say to him when I see him at the show tonight? (let's preface this with- I've just been greeted with "oh! hello beauty") (that would be Martyn's version of knowing he knows me from somewhere) (I'll take it)
yes, of course, I embarrass myself by saying "so, did you pick up a ukulele for yourself when you got home?"

and then... further it later with....

Singing harmonies as loud as I can- like I'm lost in church... and then he wanders out into the audience with his guitar and sits down beside me... I forget the words and stop singing.

yup.

ok.

awesome.

I think I'll go to sleep now.

1 comment:

RG said...

Pay attention. Most are Lameo - seriously so. My gosh, you actually know a personality!