Sunday, October 03, 2010

found dew drop 3

::recovered from Digital Dewdrops, a writer's forum of sorts that I was a part of... and which disappeared a while back::

September '06

SVFF

WHAT a weekend. I don't know if I have the strength to put it into paraphrase.
No matter what I write, you won't have even a glimpse of the heart and soul and breath that went into this weekend. You'll NEVER grasp the enormity of what we just were a part of, the joy we had, or feel the pain and the heartbreak of it. And because of that, I don't want to write anything.
But, I have to.
My head feels like it's going to explode... it's been so long since I've written. And I feel like if I even start to scratch the surface of it... I'll lose it.
My head feels like it's going to explode... I haven't slept much in the in past week. And I feel like if I go to sleep, a real sleep, it'll all be over... and I want it to be just a little longer, I want that time to last a few more moments.
My head feels like it's going to explode... and my muscles are paining me, throbbing. waiting for that next chore crying to be completed.
My head feels like it's going to explode... I've watched death and rebirth of an even, and seen generations of history happening. I haven't even understood all that's gone on around me.
And my head feels like it's going to explode... I need water, but I've seen and sat in enough to be quenched for weeks.

361 days till Shelter Valley.

** this post was written the day after the 2006 festival. Hurricane Ernesto came along and robbed us of the beautiful weather we'd hoped for. The festival was shut down for the evening on Saturday, and the gates reopened Sunday morning, a small cue of people ushered in by a piper and clapping volunteers. I sobbed.
As for the generations of history- Nathan Rogers (son of the late great Stan Rogers) played this year's fest- his work, and his father's works were blended together in just the most beautiful way. I don't think I can capture the emotions surrounding the final concert....

No comments: