Sunday, August 18, 2013

sheesh

Sometimes I just need to shake my head at myself!

Seriously.

So I've been living in frustration with the broken keyboard (remind3er, th6is2 is2 wh6a1t h6a1pens2 wh6en I us2e it). It's kept me from spending much time online. No, that's a lie, it's kept me a lurker. The act of even responding with one line would make me want to poke my eyes out... deleting all those extra numbers.

Sure, I posted a few blog posts, I wrote a few emails where I had to... but for the most part stayed "silent" online.

Today I was deleting numbers- trying to write a two sentence response to someone about how to build a fruit fly trap like the one I was using (dear.GOD. I have a lot of fruit flies in the house right now)... when a thought came to me.

Did I?
Was that a dream?
No... I really did.

I marched into my bedroom, reached down into the dark corner of my closet, and closed my fingers around something thin and metal.

Guess who forgot that she had purchased a spare mac keyboard 3 or 4 years ago while at the bluebox? um.
yeah...
I (now) remember the exact conversation I had with a friend when I bought it "I'm buying the keyboard in case I ever spill a beer or something on my computer... it's good to have a back up plan".
(it's good to review your back up plans every once in awhile)

all that glitters is not fully gold though, the return button doesn't work- but the one on the number pad of the keyboard does...

I am stupidly happy right now.

No comments: