Tuesday, May 17, 2005

a fool

I've really liked Jack Johnson's lyrics for about a year now(thank you wee-Da-vid for introducing me to his poetry).
Last week I turned on the radio and changed the channel (yes, even I can only handle SO much of the overplayed Switchfoot songs!)
Ok, so there was MORE switchfoot on the secular station, but Jack was on too... I love this song, so before it gets too over-played I thought we could listen to it together.... I should have written this.
oh yeah, I'm always playing the fool...

I was sitting, waiting wishing
You believed in superstitions
Then maybe you would see the signs
But Lord knows that this world is cruel
And I ain't the Lord, no I'm just a fool
Learning loving somebody don't make them love you

Must I always be waiting waiting on you?
Must I always be playing playing your fool?

...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I did write that about a hundred years ago. Well at least something similar. It is amazing how through our lives that at some point we all feel like we have or are playing the fool. However, this is only a short term thing once we surrender it over to the Lord and we realize that it is His way of teaching us. So continue to learn,listen,grow and not worry about "a fool". I'm sure it is all part of "The Plan". Yeah you for just being you that is all God wants us to be the very best you that you can be and you are the only one in this world that can be you.