Thursday, October 01, 2009

2.5 > 1.5

easy math.

I'm back to running. After countless injuries and ailments, I've decided- the pain is worth it, I'm turning into a giant sloth otherwise.

So, last injury was over 5 weeks ago (poor little ankle, will you ever be whole?) I took some Advil profolacticly, and hit the street.

hahahhahaha!!! whew! that was funny.
In my mind, I'm right where I left off, 5 km? easy peasy!
no.
I wanted to cry by block number 2.
I gave up a little over 1km

Tonight, on my way home from the bank, poor little ankle decided to turn again.
Thank you sidewalk.
However, other than me nearly crashing to the ground (there was a building I was able to fall into instead) and the SEARING pain for about 5 mins... my ankle's better than it's been in weeks... I don't know if I knocked something into place? slid a tendon back to where it belongs? Stretched something on the other side of it?
who knows...
Either way, I was able to drag my butt 2.5 km tonight, no crying.
ya!

No comments: