Thursday, April 07, 2005

Choose your own adventure

There are some days when all I want to do is pull a back to the future (the original).
Growing up I LOVED the choose your own adventure books… you have a story line that you are following, then you’re given the choice of what happens next. If you want to chase your friend into the abandoned house, go to page 12, if you go home and get your parents go to page 27. I especially liked the ones where you had four or more choices as to how the story would end. BUT I was never satisfied with my choices… I would mark the places in the book and go back to each choice and see what would have happened if I’d done something different.

This week I’ve been thinking about the times in my life when I wish I’d said or done something different.
Those times when I’ve stood with the option of one thing or another.
When I’ve chosen the path of least resistance.
The path that wasn’t so scary.
The path that my stubborn self had chosen.

Not that I’m not happy with who or where I am today…
I just want to go back to the earmarked page and see what would have happened.

No comments: