Saturday, April 30, 2005

"fine"-ground beans? (or) "where's the Dank?"

Like any good Canadian, I will not turn down a Timmy's when it's handed to me. But unlike many, I don't go out of my way to drink there.
I prefer my Bean... Human Bean that is... until now.

I like to spend my Sunday afternoons hanging out with a pirate, a magazine and a sweet Chi tea. "A little bit of the circus" I think was the phrase coined in reference to it's ambiance. Well suiting in a place where your tea cup often gets juggled by Pirate Dave before he fills it.
(for those of you with the means, look up the article in the Port Hope Evening Guide about the Human Bean... it gave me a good long laugh) (I can't find it or I'd link it for you!)
This week I entered in to the newly made-over. bean for my cuppa. I like to sit back and watch the world go by from the front bar, sit in the back to lose a game of scrabble, or just visit with friends. I walked in, got my Chi and left.
I couldn't handle the Martha-esque look of it. Nor was I feeling part of the empty nester crowd, nor was I dressed up enough.... nor was I in the mood to listen to two guys play Vivaldi on their recorders. (Don't get me wrong, I've ALWAYS been a Vivaldi fan... just not in my bean... on the recorder).
I looked at my pirate, who was NOT a pirate... in fact only one last vestage of piracy remains (the skull and cross bones on the coffee card box)(even the tip cup has been washed clean!) and said only "oh, I don't know". To which came the reply "I miss the dank".

I miss the dank too.

Tomorrow is Sunday. I'm not sure what to do...

On a better note: Volunteer meeting at the Cobourg Library tomorrow night 7pm for the Shelter Valley Folk Fest (see link at the side)

YAHOOOOOOOOooooo, come on out folks!

No comments: