Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Break Fast Grumblings

The following was written a few days ago.. guess I hit "save as draft" rather than "publish"

I really really really like canned green beans.
Last night for dinner I ate an entire can.

Also last night I went to this Wycliffe prayer group in Peterborough.. it was an interesting mix of people there. When I lived in Ptbo, I was part of this group called "Next step" it was a prayer and discussion group for people who'd been involved with or were planning on being involved with missions... I loved it, I loved hearing the stories from others about their journeys, I loved being informed enough to know what to pray for, and to be able to pray for it with a passion... I loved praying with other passionate people. I think I've allowed myself to get so busy with "me" things, that I've lost a part of that passion. (I'm gonna work on that). Anyway, there were some people from the old "Next Step" and some people from a current group... like I said, and interesting mix.
The featured guest of the evening was one of my "fridge people", a guy that I've been in and out of touch with for a number of years, but most recently has been working in a closed country (a country that doesn't allow missionaries) (oh, and a fridge person is one who has their picture on my fridge- and is someone whom I pray for regularly). I was near tears several times over the course of the evening hearing about this young man's adventures and the trials that he and his friends face... I think that since we're so far removed from the persecuted church.. It's hard for us to begin to grasp it all. It doesn't effect us, so it's nonexistent.
It was fantastic to catch up with this guy...
If you think of it.. Pray for our friends who don't have the freedom to express their faith.. and pray for those who are working alongside them trying to encourage them

oh! the green beans! So I'm sitting, deep in concentration on the story... and the green beans begin to growl... My stomach is CHURNING... There is bubbling and groaning...
meanwhile, my friend is talking about the fasting that he and others were doing during a time in this closed country...
The guy sitting next to me (another I haven't seen in about 4 years) turns to me and says "as you can see, they survived.... You can quit your fasting now".
oh.. How embarrassing.

No comments: