Sunday, February 19, 2006

and the dialogue went a little something like this

the original peanut gallery was in attendance at KCC this morning. Needless to say Scott had to deal with silliness, though I did earn myself a chocolate bar out of the whole ordeal. Note:: we are a very "back and forth" "conversational style" gathering... it's good.. I learn way more.

it all started with this... (members of our sketch today will include Pony: P, Pastor Scott: S, Ziggy: Z (not work related) guy sitting behind us:G, and me: M)

S:: for those of you who are married, and would like to stay this way.....
Z:: HA!
S:: we've got a marriage retreat coming up
Z:: HA!

(fast forward, we're talking about living "wholly" this week- the whole day wasn't about marriage, but more about BEING whole, so love was a large portion... Want more? Go to the Dock next Saturday night... Aaron's doing his version there)

S:: what do we need to grow?
G:: FOOD!
S:: what else?
P:: FOOD!
Z::HA!
S:: what else?
Z:: (insert some profound statement here)
M:: Chocolate

(fast forward)

S:: Does anyone here own a vineyard? No? Ok, so no one's going to correct me later?

S:: What does a vine need to grow?
M:: Chocolate?
S:: Chocolate? Who feeds their plants chocolate?
P:: no no, you BUY the chocolate for the plant... Then when it refuses to eat it... You eat it so it doesn't go to waste.
S:: ok

(fast forward)

S:: Is it wrong to ask God? Is it Wrong to ask God for a marriage that has this attribute ? Or to ask God for a relationship that has this attribute? Is it wrong to ask God for a marriage .. That... (trails off for next point)
M (to P):: is it wrong to ask God for a marriage?
P:: any old marriage?
M:: yeah... Um, I'll just take him to that marriage retreat.
G:: HA!
P:: NO! You need a booth.
M:: a what?
P:: a booth... Outside the marriage thing... With a sign..
M:: a what?
P:: a sign that says "if the retreat didn't work for you"

I nearly pee'd myself

While we were packing up, Scott hands me part of a chocolate bar... "You made me hungry".


I've got some crazy thing happening in my neck behind my ear, an infection? Pray it doesn't move into my ear... I don't want that messed up again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is the most hilarious church service i've ever heard of. i was really glad you were there last night..
we should probably do lunch.

or supper seeing as you took roy's job, (not in a mean way, obviously), but saying we should do lunch sounds better. remember when we did breakfast? none of that anymore. le sigh. and i never even made it to the Bean with you ever. oh and we should go to goodlife together to make up for all this wining and dining we are apparently doing together.

Anonymous said...

oh shoot! that was from me, Meghan S.