Thursday, February 09, 2006

Experimental.. Or just mental

So I love working days.. I just miss my daytime life too.. yes. I want the best of both worlds. ummm, does anyone know a nice single rich young man who would marry me and let me live a life of luxury?

I've been trying a bit of an experiment the past two weeks. I'm limiting my time online (not just online... ON KEYBOARD) to 20 or so mins a day. Now... That's 20 mins of idle time... Not to be confused with the time needed to catch up on people's blogs... it DOES include my commenting, my outgoing emails, my blogging and my searching for useless information... Needless to say, it results have been pretty interesting. I've discovered that I depend SO much on my computer as a medium for communication! I use messenger more than I use my phone, and WAY more than email.... I miss activities and scheduled events without the reminders offered by screen names and emails... AND I've read three books.

I forgot how much I love to read. Growing up I devoured books. I craved long car rides that would result in hours of uninterrupted reading, I skipped homework assignments, I stayed up late with the flashlight under my covers (coughing ever so delicately to cover the sound of my lamp turning on). Evenings, I'd sit in the wingback chair legs over the one arm, book balanced on a pillow on my lap to bring it to just the right height... hmm. I think I'm going there now.

No comments: