Sunday, March 12, 2006

that space

you know that feeling?
when you walk into a space and the people and the space itself are just ...
just joy?
joyful, joyous, enjoying, enjoyment, joy-giving,
I got to go to one of those spaces yesterday.

I spent some time with some fantastic people, people I wish I had the opportunity to interact with more often.. rather than just those chance encounters at the Bean... People that for some reason, I fully trust even though I hardly know them.

I was exposed to some new music, not new to the world, just new to me. One of my friends turned to me and said "surely you know this one?" when I didn't,they just shook their head "how old are you again?"
I cried a few times... not cheesy movie type tears, just so filled.. that it had to come out somehow.

The visiting songwriter started out a little frazzled, it'd been a long day, but within the first two chords.. That first song... those opening notes... were incredible. Four hands working to make one voice...
At the end of the song, she said "there.. I needed that".
I did too.

No comments: