Monday, July 10, 2006

Stop the violins

Visualize whirled peas

I don't know if it was Regal, or Lee Valley or some other catalogue store that carried the tee shirts with those slogans... I always wanted the peas one. I was re-reading an article and the violin title seemed to fit my feelings for the info....

You've probably read about the "teenage mosquito repeller" or heard about the "teen ring tone", that's the high frequency tone that's only able to be heard by those a little less hearing impaired than us old folks. I listened and was greatly relieved to be able to still hear it... guess I wasn't as impared as I thought... But at the same time, I shuddered in horror at it.
I remember being young and holding my head in some places- stores, offices and some homes... not being able to stand the noise... and adults telling me it was just a ringing in my head... It's almost nice to know that I didn't have some random form of tinnitus. Ug... I'd rather listen to teeth grinding....
*shudder*

1 comment:

Crilly said...

Yup, can still hear it.

Ouch.

I don't doubt for a second, however, that my mom (being an adult) can still hear it better than all of us.