Sunday, July 09, 2006

Transportable

I didn't get the second interview, but I still feel pretty good to have even had the first. I've heard from a few people that weren't even given that opportunity. I'm starting to realize that since this is a small town that many desire to be living in, the competition for things like this is always going to be a little steep. I'm feeling pretty discouraged, honestly. And in light of some other random info I was given... I'm feeling kinda small. BUT.. chalk it all up to learning, and praise God anyway.

Thursday morning I was greeted by a rather excitable-talking-too-quick-to-be-understood Lady Di-Robb... She jabbered about "your new phone" then disappeared. I was confused... Figured she must mean "her own new phone". Nope.
When she whisked back into the kitchen, she pulled from the cupboard a large box... and said as she presented it "your new phone". Then I realized what she'd handed me... a HUGE 1995 Cell phone.... it has a base! the base has a handle! the base has a large antenna! and it works!
I have a demo picture on my real cell if you'd like a viewing.
T.Lam was the other recipient of this fine phone, and in our join custody, we decided that it need to be given to everyone. T found a gift bag, and we trundled off to VanDan's funeral home.
The last I heard it's now in the hands of Lindsay... Be prepared. You may be the next owner of the "transportable cellular phone".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice phone. Does it come with a shoulder strap.....