Sunday, September 17, 2006

circles and circles and circles again

I keep posting that I'm back, then I realize that I'm gone again.
I think that this (weekend) was the end of gallivanting for a bit.

Spent the weekend, goodness knows where, with my house group kids.... Right, I decided to help out with house after all- I've been wanting to help out somehow with a youth program again, and I got two calls in two days when I started the thought process... My only fear is that I'll get too wrapped up in Church culture and not spend enough time out of the bubble. BUT.. I LOVE my house group kids already. I was a little intimidated when I realized that all the groups were combined for this retreat- Ah! So many new people... SO MANY new names!
I was also a little intimidated because so many of them just think of me as "Dalton's Girlfriend" and just whatever that might mean to them... am I cool enough? Am I funny enough? Can I think up activities and be as excited about things? (obviously the answer is "EVEN MORE SO!") So yeah, I was a little stressed going into this event.
It went fine.
It takes time to build relationships and have good conversations, but I'm pretty happy with the whole weekend, I'm excited about some of the teens I connected with, and what we're going to learn together over the course of this year. I did get called "Dalton's Girlfriend" on two occasions, thankfully one time was a joke.... I think.... And I just had fun in general. I got to help make up this clue based scavenger hunt (not unlike the infamous Friesen Family Christmas game) that took the teams FOREVER to finish... I think I was gearing it more towards thinkers like VanDan or Crilly.... Not teens. Live and learn.... I wish someone had made the hunt up for me!
In keeping with tradition, I did NOT go waterskiing. Though the opportunity was there.. To try wake boarding too... Which I was leaning towards... Until I stuck my feet in the little lake... FRIG that thing was cold. There was NO way I was going in there... So instead, I rode bow on the boat. The best seat in the house.
So, now I'm home... I'll be around... Come hang out with me...
points to the namer of the title song quote.
drink for the one who can sing it to me.

1 comment:

Crilly said...

Sweet! I was Referenced!!

And I know the answer to the song, but I cheated, and looked it up. Don't think I could sing it for you though...
..yet.