Thursday, September 07, 2006

Zombie

Ok, I'm recovering, I think I'm going to make friends with a massage place though this week, my back would quite like that.

little glimpses of what's happened this weekend.

It was emotional to say the least, so much was put into the festival by so many people.
I forget what the final count was on tickets sold, but it was well over a thousand.
Even with the rain, people came. Even with the wind, people came. Even with the hurricane, people came. Even when we shut it down, they came back the next morning.
That blew my mind.
I heard that it was the "five minutes till gate opens" over the radio, and I dragged myself up the hill to the main gate, just out of curiosity, and out of fear for what I'd see. There was a small group of already wet people waiting to be let in, and from nowhere, Kyle appeared with a set of bagpipes.
The volunteers nearby all lined up near the gate, creating a corridor for the visitors to come through, we begin to clap in time to the music, partly to keep ourselves warm, and clap at the brave souls coming back in for more. As the first of the returning (and NEW!) guests made their way through the gate with smiles on their face, it hit me. What the storm had tried to kill... Had made a spring back to life. More guests were still arriving, cars pulling in the lot, and there was a steady stream making it's way tward the gates.
Suddenly I couldn't see anything. All I could do was stand there and clap while my tears mixed with the rain, a silly grin on my face, blubbering from the relief and the joy.
I wasn't the only one.

1 comment:

Shamus Hannah said...

Amen to that Lbo....amen to that.