Friday, December 22, 2006

Countdown

So, the last minute rush is on us.
Who will survive?
I'm pretty much done, I think I have some underwear left to buy... maybe one other thing... but other than that... there's just the wrapping.


Last night I was at a gathering with good people, good food and good wine, the topic of Christmas was our centrepiece of the evening. We talked about favorite gifts, our favorite memories and other things that make this season "Christmas" to us.

I love wrapping Christmas gifts... it has got to be one of my most favorite memories of Christmas. Now, I may not be a GOOD wrapper of presents, but it's what goes WITH the wrapping. The secrecy and good feelings knowing you've gotten something that someone needs.
Growing up my parents wrapped up their gifts to one another to go in their stockings... keep in mind that for quite some time, their stockings were each a leg out of an old pair of jeans (you can fit lots of pairs of socks and underwear in there!). Somewhere along the line they started writing silly little sayings as hints to what the packages might hold. Things like "wee wee wee all the way home" or "for the little piggies" for a pair of socks, or "the better to beat your children with" for a wooden spoon set (ok, so that one was my own example.. I don't think ever they used that).
I loved helping out with that time, coming up with witty and cheesy phrases to keep the guessing game clever. Several times this year I've found myself making up little lines as I've walked through the stores...
3 sleeps left... I'd better start wrapping.

Is there anyone interested in walking really slowly around the OC tomorrow night with me?
it's fun ticking off the busy shoppers ;)

2 comments:

T said...

i hate people who just stop when you're in the mall especially at this time of year. They just stop walking for no good reason and you try not too run them over...

Merry Christmas L.Bo...

Lindsay said...

Merry Christmas!
Feliz Navidad!
Joyeux Noel!

I hope you have an amazing time with your friends and family.

Love,
Lindsay
PS You're welcome to come visit me in Montreal anytime :).