Sunday, December 03, 2006

when I grow up

Last night I attended my first Christmas party of the season...
first, let me say- I LOVE the woman who put it on... She's got to be one of my most favorite people ever. She has this way of making every person feel so important. *sigh* I want to be her when I grow up.

The party was lovely, low key, good food, good friends, good drinks, good conversations. A group of people so different in so many different ways- I can't imagine that they would come together so well, except that we have something huge in common. Yes. I'm talking Shelter Valley again. A few people asked me what the count was till next year's festival... And I had to admit that I hadn't been keeping track.... I told them that once the countdown to Dolly's return was done.. Then I'd consider it.
17 days.

There was one thing that made me a little sad at the party... I was wished "happy holidays" and "Happy Merry" on several occasions... I understand that there are many people out there who aren't comfortable with the Christmas story, or who have different beliefs... But.... It's a celebration of Christ... I don't get it...

I got a chance to meet some of the hard working folks who got things done, but whom I hadn't had a chance to interact with (because this year's festival was a little different)... Seriously:: What a gifted group of people. I'm REALLY excited about some of the conversations I had with three people in regards to the "Drama Club" that I'm starting thru work... Two of the people in particular had some great ideas and said they were more than willing to be resources to us as we get this program off the ground.

::this is the one thing that is getting me excited about my return to work.

It was yet another fantastic night at the Benson homestead. One of my top 3 anticipated events each year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Merry?
That's a new one.