Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Back to back and bookended

I have a new man in my life, he's a little on the short side, but don't tell him I said that.

Two seasons of Pubstumpers led to this new thing, two WINNING seasons of Pubstumpers I should add. Yes, the KnitWits are both crafty and crafty. Hands and brains knit together to form the perfect team.... if you squint you can see me holding him at the table... he's gold. I'm wearing a silver tiara sooo, whatever.


I brought the new trophy man home in the basket of my bike after our victorious loss last Tuesday night.

Loss? Yes. Loss.

In true KnitWit fashion, we bookended the seasons with serious losses. Our first night out we got a 30something score.

"At least we beat those girls knitting in the corner" one team was overheard talking about their own low score.

That Tuesday night when the scores were called, we bested our first score by 20 points with a total of 59. Not terrible by any means, but we'd raised the bar all winter long- anything less than a 70 would keep you out of the winner's circle. When our score was read the entire bar cried out- some in cheers, some in laughter, some in disbelief.... Can I just say here that MegaDeadly and Team Anniston looked a little gleeful?

Sadly for them, We'd done the math. We knew that just by showing up we would win the season (again).

*photo from our first season win.. photo from this season to come...

1 comment:

Mama Nev said...

Congratulations to you and the rest of the talented KnitWits! The Nay-Knitters will be sitting up and taking knit n' Pearl notice! You've certainly shown them you're not just pulling the wool over their eyes, ...you never drop a stitch!
Woot woot! Way to Go! ...just one more reason to love ya' so! xo

Needles up for the KnitWits! X