Friday, July 16, 2004

long story where a short one would suffice

So in all honesty this was a rough week. Wednesday (the 14th) marked the one year anniversary of Mom's death. It still seems strange to think about.  I get mad that it's been so long since I've seen her ... Frustrated I guess is a better word for it- being mad can't change anything. I just miss my mom!
 
But at the same time it's been a pretty LAZY week. I took last friday off to go to Wycliffe orientation, then it was my normally scheduled weekend off. Normally scheduled Monday off, I didn't feel like working on Tuesday much so I came in long enough to do my weekly paperwork, eat dinner (mmm, KFC! I didn't have any money left for groceries, so it was perfect!) (no money left because I got a speeding ticket! *sigh* )

 

side note: I got a speeding ticket. I was pretty upset, because it wasn't at all fair. Right outside of Balibourough (sp?) heading north to Ptbo, there's the 50 sign then maybe 40 meters later (partway up the hill) there's the 80 sign. I drive through the village in 3rd gear everytime so I won't speed. I did so that same day. I pass the 50 sign, and nearing me is the 80km sign, so I start to pick up speed. I drive at 91kmph on hwy 28... That way I'm not really breaking the speed limit, who pulls someone over for doing 11 kms over the limit? And I'm not going too slow to annoy all the drivers behind me- there aren't too many places to pass there.  So, I start to pick up speed. Then I notice that there's a cop car parked on the other side of the street ACROSS from the 80 kmph sign. I figure "that's a funny place to sit, right out in the open... No one's going to speed there". THEN the guy hangs out the window and flags me down!?!! So I pull over... Quite confused, because I wasn't speeding to my knowledge... I was AT the 80 sign when he flagged me. The officer then proceeds to give me a ticket saying I was doing 91 in a 50 zone!!!!!!!!!! WHO DOES THAT????????? Thankfully he lowered it, the cost was going to be over $300, he lowered it to $150ish. Still.... WHO DOES THAT??????!  I was so upset... I'm getting all angry again thinking about it. I payed it. Everyone said that I should have contested it but it just made me so mad that I know I'd just stand there in front of the judge and cry... cause that's what I do with every overwhelming emotion.... cry. You get used to it eventually, don't let my crying scare you. End of side note.

 

where was I? Oh yeah, so I went into work for 3 hours, then I decided while I was there that I'd take Thursday off, just for a break, and maybe we could get back on the roof and finish the shingles if it was a nice day. So I find a replacement for Thursday and as I write it down on the schedule I realize that I've made a mistake somewhere along the way and taken off July 14th instead of August 14.. Way to go. However, I haven't minded too much the week off.

August 14th yup, that's the next big day in my life coming up (other then Godstock on July 24th... Port Hope mem. park, be there!!!) That's the day of the house concert fundraiser party that the Sheffield's are putting on for me.... . Ninjas and Friends, you're all invited! Featuring the musical talents of Dave Smaird and Josh Martin, and the fine cuisine of Bethfield and moi. I'll post more when I know more!

 



No comments: