Sunday, December 12, 2004

soon and very soon

This will likely be my last post until I get home. I leave Kara to drive to Lome on Wednesday morning, and I don’t think we’ll be bringing any computers with us. SO if I’m not too jet lagged on Sunday, I’ll try to get a little report in :)

Praise God
I’m tired, I’m hot and I’m lonely.
But I get to come home soon, and it’s been an amazing time. I’ve seen first hand how God plans things out even when we don’t really understand the purpose of things. And it’s been an incredible experience being a part of His plan! I still remember thinking last spring, when I first felt like I was suppose to be going on some sort of short term project, that it was strange timing, and short notice… I remember seeing the reaction on some people’s faces when I said “I’m suppose to be going somewhere in September, but I don’t know what I’m suppose to be doing..” and realizing that their reaction was exactly what I was feeling in my own heart. It’s pretty neat…

Now I’m sitting here listening to Spot (our spot-free “guard” dog) try to catch the skink that I’ve just chased out of the living room onto the porch, and I can’t believe how fast time has gone by! In a matter of days I’ll be home. No more mosquito nets to fight with at night, no more washing my feet more often than brushing my teeth, no more geckos falling from the door frame onto my head… (no more wriggling gecko tails on the front porch!) (Spot likes to leave that part behind) No more chickens, pigs, goats, mosques, church bells, loud insects, pentads, motos or others waking me up at 4am. No more sun burnt nose (for a little while longer anyway) No dust filled eyes, ears, nose, mouth (read teeth), hair. No more pot holes with pot holes in them, no more scary roads… someone really should build some sidewalks here! BUT that also means no more tomato ladies, no more village experiences, no more “Larium Delirium”, no more market, no more interacting with the people here, no more working with the kids, no more children singing “yovo, ansi” no more amazing views and sights, no more “ladies in training” (hey, I didn’t give it that name, they did) - girls bible study, no more being a part of life here… that’s not true, there are tons of things I can being doing from home…

Does your church have a missionary (or missionary family) out in the field/at home on furlough? contact them (EVEN IF YOU’VE NEVER MET THEM!!!)… ask them how you can being praying for them… send them letters.. send them Christmas cards. Let them know they haven’t been forgotten. We continually say we want to be doing more for missions… these are the simplest of things that can be done!!!! The people here are working hard, but they NEED to have support from home. They NEED encouragement. They NEED prayer…
sorry a little tangent there..

love you all,
Les

No comments: