Tuesday, March 29, 2005

EmPHAsis more on Party.... than on Tupperwear

yes, yes, the day has nearly arrived, that fateful day wherein I will launch myself into adult-hood by hosting my first (AND ONLY) tupperwear party.
Sadly, I've had to lure some of my friends with the promise of (cheap) wine. I'll just tell them it's wine maybe they'll believe it. ok, probably my landlord won't being as she owns a pub... but maybe I can pay her to keep it a secret.
PRAISE GOD!!! So as many of you know I've been moping around trying to figure out money issues since I returned home... bills need to be paid even if you leave the country for God! I was super excited when I finished my income tax and figured on receiving a fairly substantial chunk-o-dough. So I telefiled (mmm, buttons to be pressed!) and waited expectantly by my mailbox.
and waited
and waited
and waited
and waited....
yes, that's one "waited" for each agonizing week of torture.
I started to think that maybe the mailwoman was afraid of Norty the Wonder Bunny crouched (and ready to pounce) under the mailbox... so I put the gate up again to protect her...
still no little brown e-van-lope.
Today I called my old room-mate in the petes...
My money has been sitting there for two weeks.
*sigh*
I'm skipping the gym tomorrow and driving North for it's retrieval.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

skipping curves? but who will B. Sheffsy say she's going to work out with and then not show up?

Anonymous said...

oh p.s. that was from me.
-Meghan