Sunday, March 27, 2005

Met a man with a wooden leg named Peg

There are four HUGE swans that moved in on the far side of the harbour last week. I've seen them everyday when I've gone for my walk, but today while I was on the pier, they swam over.
The swan in the lead was swimming like CRAZY but he was lurching along. When they got close (ok, they stopped right in front of me.. I think someone's been feeding them and I was mistaken for the handout person) The one has a wonky foot. He holds it up out of the water when he swims. I was with one of the guys that I support at work, and he was really concerned for this swan! But it was neat the conversation that we were able to have because of it. The fact that it was the fastest swan, and that it tried hard, and had grown up so well despite it's disability... The guy I was with, said as we walked away "I'm strong too, let's walk faster".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww...- Meghan