Tuesday, November 20, 2007

of brains... and brains!

my brain feels good.
both of them.

my brain in my head is happy... more than happy, to have been put to use the past two days. Work sent me to a "Train the trainer" event in the Petes, and now I've got lots and lots of info pouring out of my ears on Dual Diagnosis.... It was a nice refresher, and I was happy about the amount of info I'd retained since University. It felt good to be in a room of people sharing some neat ideas on support and diagnosis.
I considered (again) taking up smoking just to be able to hang out with our behaviour therapist... but was glad that she and the rest of her agency's members were there.... I was able to network with some other consultants who deal specifically with individuals dealing with dual diagnosis- including some who deal with individuals with Aspergers (something we didn't touch too much on in this course, but something we're dealing with more... as we're the only town in the county willing?able? to put time into these supports).

ok, enough work talk... for now. I know that came out in all gobbledy gook, but there's so much in my head right now that there's no space for comprehensive writing styles.....

moving on.
my other brain!




not the best picture.. but I was too excited to set it up all lovely.
I'm in the band... and I have the shirt to prove it ;) I could have kissed the mail man
(again).

No comments: