Wednesday, February 06, 2008

holy-holey-wholey- hoo lee.

(note:: I wrote this yesterday... but I'm posting it today...)

Hoo Lee, the first Chinese restaurant that I ever ate in… that WASN’T a buffet… is closing.
Or, at least, someone told me that the other day… I should probably read the note on the door when I walk past it tomorrow.
But that’s not today’s topic.
NO!

It’s Shrove Tuesday… the beginning of Lent.
Pancake day.
I forgot to eat pancakes.
I ate a bowl of taco casserole instead.

At the office today we were talking about pancake Tuesday… “Harvey” was with us, and was running his usual stream of thought… it was then I remembered that I’d just read an archived post last week (while looking for slothfest info) about the last Shrove Tuesday we spent together. So, of course, I shared the story with them...


Tonight for work I went to church to eat pancakes.... (remind me when you see me
that I've given up all potatoes and their products for lent) walking out of the
church, JB turns to me and says (as per usual) "that was a big big portion eh?"
I went into auto response
"yes yes, it was big big" (because apparently
I was Jacob Two Two in a previous life?)
Then in a change from what should
have been next (that being: "a big honkin' portion")

"those were
Anglican sized pancakes"

what? Anglican's have their own sized pancakes?


I finished my story... and they turned and looked at me. First laughing, then deadly silent.

"are you blogging about us?"

4 comments:

T said...

hahaha...oh that's priceless...

and yes...JB is right...Anglican pancakes ARE bigger...and better...

LStew said...

les clears her throat and points and says "look! is that a deer?"

Sing4joy said...

I've been popping on your blog for about a week now (I already can't remember how I found it - I was,however, lucid enough to bookmark it!) I enjoy reading your posts! You have a sense of humor that is just left of center and it is really funny!
And spellcheck hasn't ben working for me either!!

ilex said...

Must say, I've read the Anglican-sized pancakes bit a few times now, and guffaw every time.