Wednesday, May 21, 2008

oh stewart

I was just sitting in my car.
Mulling over the things that have happened in the past 24 hours, when Stewart came on the radio and started to list the top ten words he has a difficult time pronouncing.
I started to compile my own list, pleasantly surprised to have a few words in common with the well spoken man.. words like "probably" and "raspberry".
And it was while I was listening to his list, making my own, I started to think about what I'd write about... or rather.. how I'd write about what the day had brought.
That was when it happened.
My brain started to channel the voice of Stewart Maclean.
Lining up words.. as if Steward himself.. were speaking them.
I turned off the car.

Then I started to get out of the car, gathering my belongings, lifting my backpack out from it's spot on the front seat onto my lap- and whacked myself in the nose with my keys.
That's when I knew.
It didn't matter what had happened during the day...
the only thing I was going to remember about today was the fact that I couldn't stop sneezing.

No comments: