Tuesday, February 03, 2009

SUNday everyday

I'm in florida.
it's not covered in snow.
I have a sunburn.

Flash-back to home:: a busy weekend, filled with much loved people, and a weather forecast that still read "1-3 cm" after nearly 6 inches had fallen.

I've been fighting a cold, trying to be well before my trip down. But Saturday night my voice started to go. I've never really lost my voice before, so I thought the 2 octave drop was funny. By Sunday morning... I'd lost most control of my vocal chords. What a crazy thing! couldn't hum, could just barely squeak out a conversation. It was like random honking. But I could whisper, and by the time I jumped on the plane Sunday night, I had this sexy low voice (unless I tried to be heard... then it was a honk-squeak) and whisper going on. I didn't bother to try to make conversation with anyone around me.
Not even really on the plane- except when the guy beside me was looking for the place to plug in his headphones. And I had to repeat myself three times for him to understand me.
The only person I spoke to was our airline steward. This adorable red.
Only problem.
My voice.
The poor guy must have thought I was coming on to him, talking in my husky whisper. Ten minutes into the flight he started calling me sweetheart and winking at me each time he passed.
Aw, adorable red, thanks.

wait... is that all it takes?

2 comments:

Crilly said...

A quiet, husky voice (and maybe a few furtive glances) can go a long way.

Percipia said...

A husky voice and a ukulele.

Irresistible.