Thursday, May 07, 2020

the bright side of the moon

There's this weird thing about pandemic life too, I mean, beyond this crazy new world that we are living in, lock-down. 
There's this part where technology allows us to touch base with people we never thought would be a part of our lives (again). 
Tonight I had a group meeting online with the women I went to university with (and Mark/M.Do). 

University friends... the first real friends you make who aren't based on proximity.  The people you actually choose to befriend. The ones who fit you so well. Who challenge and uplift you. The people most likely to "get" you. 

But they are also the friends you are most likely to drift away from.. your time together is too short, and those bonds are stretched by time, distance and life changes. 

Talking with these ladies was so easy. We haven't been together in that full group in 20 years.  We've known eachother as long as we haven't known eachother. 

While I felt the old imposter syndrome settle in a for a second or two, for the most part I was simply me, enjoying time with people who got me. 

Actual conversations.  

It felt so good. 

Bits of brightness. 

There's a full moon tonight. It's going below zero again. The spring peepers are silent. And the bucket feeders all lost their vaccum seals on the hives, so I pulled them off before they drowned all the bees. Now I just hope they don't freeze or starve to death. 

2020... Australian fires, covid-19, aliens, Asian Hornets, polar vortex. 

No comments: