Sunday, July 10, 2005

busy busy bee

(sorry, spell check is down and I'm in a fast typing mood)
(ohhh, fast typing= dumb postings... bah!)
wow...
it's been a crazy week leading into a crazy weekend.
Joel and Cassie's wedding was beautiful, and we only screwed up the music a little bit (not noticable to those in attendance... ok, not noticible to MOST of those in attendance... some there were of the super-human in musical ability, I'm hoping that they were distracted by the bride walking down the isle)
Dinner was almost a disaster, the BBQ fell over! There was a big drum BBQ with charcoal in the bottom, at one point it fell over and the drum rolled away! Thankfully, no one was hurt, and the lid stayed on... and there was no food IN it at the time. The men folk gathered round and discussed what to do about it, and the women ran to get oven mitts... (lol... isn't that the way it would happen?)
The dance was fantastic... I recommend that EVERYONE marry a mexican, if only to have a bunch of other mexicans at the wedding dance.... we salsa-d all night long.. I LOVED it! AND Manda's and my date (we shared, our own little harem) was a dance machine!!! it was great, he joined in for every song that we were up on the dance floor for. Great guy. They didn't play many slow songs (to my great disapointment) and no waltz music was to be found... *sigh* maybe next wedding.
This morning our band played at Lakeshore Camp.. that's a huge deal to me. HUGE.
God is good, things went ok. We had a strange glitch happen with the sound system at THE most inopportune time. But thankfully we didn't die of embarrassment, no one rememberd it by the end of the service... because they were all SO blown away by the group that did special music (His Season) hokey-stink... they were increadible. It HURT... they were so good... (for those of you who are confused... when I hear good, true, powerful music... where everything works the way it should... something hurts in me.. I think it's like that twinge of my soul recognizing pure worship... the stuff we're going to be a part of in heaven... and my soul just wants it so bad....longs for it, reaches for it, pulling and tearing inside of me) *whew* it hurts thinking about it.
The pastor spoke about not live in the "what if's" of life.. but giving it to God and trusting Him with it.
I think I need to get rid of some "what ifs"...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is right if we spend our time in"what if's"then there is little time to live the life that God has ordained us to have. If we allow God to work in our lives then we will see the miraculous things happen for each of us that he has planned for us. Now about this harem it sounds like a great idea for a night however, don't let it become a habit. I saw your performance and it was flawless because any one with a slight clue could see that it came from the heart,henceforth, it came from God. In our life there are so many miracles that we sometimes miss them. What you did in your performance may not be deemed as a miracle but it sure was a blessing from God. Take each of these small things and rejoice in them and you will see so many more bigger things happen for you. Just remeber that we must always give God the glory and our thankfulness for each and everything in our lives.
I know that this is really off topic for what you wrote about but it was something that I really felt that I needed to share with you even thought I am sure that you already know it. I can not be 100% sure but I really do believe that God probably needed for you to hear it too. It is either that or else I have had too much caffine because there is no way I could ever normally type this fast. Just as your blurb is titled "busy busy bee" that is exactly what God is in your life and His timing is always different then ours but it will come to pass soon. Your faith in Him will carry you through and teach you all that you need to do to prepare for His mighty gift for you. Your getting there. I am avidly praying for you even though I may not know your need but God knows and that is all that counts.