Sunday, October 08, 2006

drummy drummy drum drum

a collection of emails::

Subject: Chicken?I think not!
to those of you who thought "hey, i'm kinda hungry...maybe i'll go get something to eat..."
... IT WAS AN EARTHQUAKE!!!!! at 6:22
(my clock said: "beep beep....beep beep....beep beep") there was an earthquake in Hunger-bay...... good thing I didn't confuse chinese food with the cat under my bed......
your try-some-chickenballs friend
mark

Subject: A lady? I think not!
to those of you who thought I was a lady...
IT WAS AN EARTHQUAKE!!!!! at 6:22
(my clock said 6:32.... but mine's 10 mins slow!) there was an earthquake on the Thundermug...... good thing I didn't confuse the earth shaking with the lady under my bed...... your trumpet friend
mark

Subject: Lazy? I think not!
to those of you who thought I was Lazy...
IT WAS A milkshAKE!!!!! at 6:22
(my clock said 6:32.... but mine's 10 mins fast!) there was an milkshake in Thunderbay...... good thing I didn't confuse a milk shake with the cat under my bed......
your triumphant friend
Mark




Sometimes in your life, a person makes such an impact in your life, that you hang on to the most ridiculous things. Sometimes a person shapes you in such a way that years later, you can't imagine who you would be now if you hadn't known them before. Sometimes you are so influenced by a person, that you lose your train of thought while you are holding a microphone when they walk into the room.
Sometimes you just aren't brave enough to tell them what they've done for you.
grandpa train, it was good to see you again.

3 comments:

L.Bo Marie said...

as for the original....
this was a follow up email I sent to a friend I'd phoned re: an earthquake. Early in the morning on January 1st 2000 I was awoken by my windows rattleing and the cat meowing under my bed. My first thought? "wow! what a great trick! Jesus really did decide to come in the new millennium!"
My room mate then arrived home, and on my questioning her, she proclaimed the rumbling must have been the snow plow. (I later discovered it hadn't snowed.... and we lived in a town house complex.. there was NEVER a snow plow there ever)
I was mocked.... much...
Later that week I heard on the CBC the earthquake report... and sent to grandpa train this fine gloat....

Subject: Crazy? I think not!
to those of you who thought I was Crazy...
IT WAS AN EARTHQUAKE!!!!! at 6:22
(my clock said 6:32.... but mine's 10 mins fast!) there was an earthquake in Thunderbay...... good thing I didn't confuse an earthquake with the cat under my bed......
your triumphant friend
Lesley

Anonymous said...

that is so brilliant.
mark is hilarious.

Anonymous said...

that was from me.
- meghan