Tuesday, January 30, 2007

post 600

ok, I had some time while I was waiting to pick someone up, cell phones can be a wondrous thing.

Our Cobourg Sunoco's number is 905-373-8317, when I asked for the manager, the man (Mike) on the phone asked how he could help. I explained that I really liked the car wash that I'd gotten the day before, that the machine did a great job, better than I could and with a lot less water (I always end up soaked and start writing on the street with the hose....) I also said I appreciated the fact that there was a sign referring to the fact that it might take a little longer to get in, because it was about quality not speed... blah blah, chit chat... I then mentioned the 9:3 ratio of cars with their engines running for more than 20 minutes at a time, and asked him if he would consider placing a no-idling sign. His response was that it was a good idea, but he wasn't just going to "slap any old make-shift sign" up, and that I should contact the Sunoco customer relations department.
I called them, related my story again, and was told it was a good idea, she would email the manager and tell him, and would pass the message along to the org as a whole.
Here's the customer relations number for you too 888-858-7242
And Mike at our local shop 905-373-8317

took me a total of 5 minutes including dialing 411 for the local number.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey les, me again...
i called the number and got the same lady as you. she mentioned how she received another call yesterday 'from a young lady like yourself'. so young lady... keep up the good work!!