Wednesday, January 31, 2007

the day after tomorrow

I love living near the lake... I love knowing which direction is which (based on the lake always staying still) (what a concept!)

I love watching the weather as it comes across the lake... which isn't all that often, more often you can see the weather as it's leaving us... remember that time the Snowbirds were here? and there was a WALL of fog that came and ate the lake? We watched it as it came from about halfway over the lake, and it ran at us to the beach... stopping about 3 feet from the edge... eating the sky and the water and the pier, until they canceled the show altogether.... yeah... moments like that are pretty cool.

Yesterday had me frightened to go outside... once an hour I had to go and drive someone to a placement... or pick someone else up. Each hour I could see the cold front coming closer and closer....

The first time I looked out at the lake this morning I wasn't sure what I was seeing.
Upside down clouds? Clouds on the lake trailing up to the sky? what the heck?
The second time I looked out, it was closer... and I could figure out what is was.

You know those days when the air is colder than the water, but the water hasn't frozen yet? Early morning mist on the pond?

This was no warm pond on a cool late summer's morning....
This was the FRIGID lake Ontario sending giant clouds of vapour into the frosty air as it came closer and closer and closer....
Have you seen the movie "The day after Tomorrow"? I was having visions of that as it came closer to the shore.... Today a large cloud hangs over the lake... waiting to fall on poor little cold Cobourg.

Speaking of Movies, anyone want to watch the movie Chocolat and discuss? A sort of Pre-Michael-Frost engine starter??? eh? eh? eh? Tonight, Dad's house.

No comments: