Sunday, January 21, 2007

old

ok, I take a lot of flack for my age. But only in the group of people I hang out with- who are themselves young 'uns....

The other day I was in the "gee Les, you're old" camp.

I was driving down the road in the work van, and I spotted up ahead this kid... sitting in a snow bank. This kid in a snow bank, making snow balls....
I watched in horror as he launched the first of the snow balls into the air, aimed directly at a Jeep's windshield. Thankfully... the kid will never make the baseball team... but I was LIVID! True enough, it wasn't my vehicle, so I wasn't too concerned about the welfare of it... but I know I've struggled to afford my car and the repairs it's had along the way... and here's this little kid, unsupervised, on the main road of town lunching chunks of ice towards people's hard earned money!
I lay on the horn.... REALLY laid on the horn...
then I swerved to the side of the road right into the drive way beside him... skidded to a stop, all the while honking my horn madly.
I rolled down the window....
and said to the boy who had come running towards me to see what was the matter....
(in a sweet, calm and collected voice believe it or not)
"Please don't throw snowballs at the cars, it's dangerous"
and drove away.

I could see him stareing slack-jawed at the van as it drove slowly away.

No comments: