Thursday, September 20, 2007

I can't tell the difference, can you tell the difference?

Ok.. the new job.
I've been there a few weeks now, and I still have no clue most days what it is that I'm suppose to be doing.. but it's getting better and better. I'm showing up in the right place now... so that's a start!

So... this new place is pretty busy, there are people coming and going all the time. It would be fair of me to say I really only know about 75-80% of who's in and out. Here's the thing.. sometimes... it's hard to tell who's an individual being served by my employers, and who's not.... it can be a pretty fine line in some cases. (this workplace too is supporting individuals with developmental delays) I've been learning not to judge a book by it's cover so much...
two cases to look at.... two days ago, an adorable young man (18ish?) walked in.. I thought to myself.. "ummmm... I think I may have found BabySheff's prom date!" After a few minutes with him, I figured I better put that phone call on hold.
Yesterday, a LOVELY man walked in (I'm thinking 28-32ish?) (lovely in a sort of bashful geeky cutie boy way). I was introduced to him, he gave a shy-ish handshake.... then turned away... and then...... I saw the purple and grey backpack.... backpack? Must put that phone call on hold too.

Anyway, an hour later, I'm walking past the meeting room, I see thru the window the guy with two other staff. I see him pull a laptop out of the backpack and start a presentation...
where'd I put that phone?

No comments: