Tuesday, October 09, 2007

yarrr grrrr

I don't know WHAT's going on... but I can't log into puzzle pirates. It's making me really really grumpy. I've gone to the site, reloaded the program.... I don't know what else to do... I hope it resolves itself soon.

31 degrees.

That's the temperature for thanksgiving dinner last night!
We had discussed doing the whole outdoor meal thing.. but after being swarmed by mosquitoes and lady bugs... we decided to sweat with the turkey inside.

speaking of insects.

This summer, with the lack of rain, and the removal of our vines... and the giant decaying factory being torn down... our landscape was... drier... hotter... than I've ever seen it in the tannery area (hmmm... I suppose that since the tannery doesn't exist... we aren't the tannery area any more) ....After my first yearly snail-crush (I'm so sorry Snailio Eglacias) in the spring, I figure I've only counted 7-10 snails over the summer.

fast forward to NOW.

We have snails again.

I single handedly have, since Saturday, unwittingly brought to an untimely death, no less than 4 snailios.

Tonight, on my walk, I counted 5 crushed little bodies.

watch your step.

No comments: