Tuesday, October 16, 2007

better late than never?

Know when you get the wrong words to a song?
At one of the group homes I sometimes work in, every morning starts out with music at full blast. We're blessed (and sense me clenching my teeth and gritting a smile out when I say blessed) to listen to some Shania.. and Shania knock-offs... re-mixes that go on forever and ever.... "is that CD skipping... or is it a really bad remix?" (says I, joking about the remix) "no... it really is a remix" (comes the glum response).
Two mornings now we've been greeting the day with a children's mix. This one though really IS scratched.... the chorus goes on forever till you think you might be crazy.

I had the words wrong for an hour.... apparently the song isn't "stop prohibition"
who knew!
it's a safety song...."stop look and listen"

1 comment:

Beth said...

LOL, wow...I do that. a lot, I just don't tell anyone. But wierd enough, simon is really good at understanding lyrics, so I normally just ask him and he's like "blah blah blah...DUHHHH" oh, and he now loves bolloywood, who would've thought!