Tuesday, October 30, 2007

and for my next trick.....

let's hearken back to a title not so long ago....
something about embarrassment?

So, last night, I'm attending a coffee house fund raiser for YFC. I am in bliss as I get to hang out with some dear friends who I never get to see, and I get to hear great music... and well... what more could I want?

A young guy comes up to me that I've known since he was potty training, he's in high school now, and along with him is another young guy... I hug the first, and put my hand out to the other... "my name's L.Bo" says I. "I know" says young man number two.
A quizzical look on my face leads to his reply... and I'm hit with the realization that little boys grow up, and sometimes I'm an idiot for not recognizing old family friends.

oh no, that's not all....

while at work I was sent to help an individual buy a pop from the locked fridge in the kitchen. the key is on a large chunk of wood... the end of a hockey stick? large enough that someone can't lose it... large enough that you can't stick it in your pocket and forget about it. I help the guy purchase his pop, then lock the fridge and head out of the room. "I just have to return the key" I shout, and head down the hall, reaching into my pocket to retrieve it.
It's not in my pocket.
No big deal, I've left it on the counter again... or on top of the fridge, I'm always doing that.
Into the kitchen I go.... no key.
anywhere.
crap.

I locked it in the fridge.

3 comments:

T said...

you locked it in? How did you manage that? did you think that the key needed some cooling off time? hahahaha...it's ok, I think I've done that before :P

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha - I love that you locked it in the fridge!

Anonymous said...

Someday remind me to tell you a story of missing narcotics cart keys....