Monday, December 03, 2007

3rd time's a charm?

Dear December,

Maybe with the weather, the mail's not getting thru? Is that it? I'll look into that.

Ok, so this morning at 5:32 I woke up to the most awful of noises. December! I didn't know you could do that! I had to get out of bed to figure out what it was. Turns out, all that slushy snow was freezing. With each gust of wind the whole wet roof would contract, making creaking and groaning noises, cracking and sputtering. I honestly thought the roof was caving in. Which, then made me worry, because I didn't put away my laundry... or any of my papers this week... so my room isn't all the tidy- not a good thing if my roof is going to cave in and a handsome fireman has to sift thru the debris to find my lifeless body and breathe life back into me! On that note, I thought maybe I should get up and have a shower so I'd be presentable when they did find me.

I covered my ears and tried to get back to sleep, satisfied, that at least it wasn't freezing rain and I wouldn't have to admit to my boss I'd left the winter storm weather list at work.

At 7:30 the phone rang... my boss.
Activating the phone tree.
"We'll re-assess at 10:30, if the actual freezing rain hasn't started by then, we'll open at noon." She said. Mortified, I told her where the list was... she laughed, and I called the numbers she gave me. I got an answering machine for two of them... I'm just praying they were the right numbers.

Ok, so December... here's the real deal. I'm too excited having another paid day off, I can't get back to sleep!

wide awake, but exceptionally tired,
L.Bo

No comments: