Tuesday, June 03, 2008

999c

ok, I missed lots on the interwebs last weeek!

THIS

is something you need to watch!!!
it reminded me, my plants NEED to get into some dirt... and soon.
Shoulda, coulda, woulda... yadda yadda yadda.

I have baby worms! (yeah!) hopefully sometime soon, I'll have enough to actually make a dent on the compost! (side note... when I got the worms, I only got a 1/4 pound, big bin, few wormies, little eating going on still.... now, the pill bugs on the other hand.....)

Me and the Mac are making friends. I turned it on for the first time this evening.... have you ever turned on a Mac for the first time? All I could think was "my computer LIKES me!" ... if you've set one up... you know what I mean.
Hopefully I'll get it figured out enough to put it to use... uh... after I plant my little green babies.

ACTUAL quote from the dollarstore the other day (I hate the concept of the dollarstore, but my budget requires that I visit once in awhile)
(said by the woman loading her three LARGE reusable shopping bags)(in a really loud voice so everyone could hear)
"now, I know you're all mad I'm taking so long, but you all need to switch to reusable bags too... I CARE about my children... I CARE about their future and the environment!"

oh my goodness the irony of it all nearly killed me.. I pretended to have a coughing fit to cover my guffaws.

5 comments:

RG said...

Yes - the Detroit Worms 'N Dirt Lady has really done a bang up job!

Boy, musta got many dollars worth of junk in those bags!

Percipia said...

Yeah, I love those re-usable bags. I was at the grocery store today and saw a woman carrying one across the parking lot toward the store. Doing her part. Saving the world, one plastic bag at a time.

Too bad she transported it to the store in her Hummer.

r

ilex said...

HAH! You linked to my slideshow! Oh, you.

Pillbugs are nothing to worry about in terms of bin health (what- you don't think they are cute?). The only bad bugs are ants and centipedes- ants are annoying, but centipedes eat worms. Ok, and scorpions ar ebad, too, but I doubt you have too many of them in the Great White North.

Anytime, though, that there is an excess of any critter (other than wormies!) there is probably an imbalance in the bin. It's a n ongoing cycle in there.

ilex said...

I'm tired. My typos are showing...

Northumberland Independent said...

I love my mac. I think it is cool you got one.

I wish I had time to use all the cool stuff. Maybe this summer.