Sunday, June 08, 2008

I pride myself on my observation skills... saying that, something is going to be glaringly missed by me in the next 24 hours... or I've pissed someone off by missing something this week/end.
But non the less, I pride myself on my observation skills- mostly of people- their emotions, their needs. That's how I've always gotten by.

This afternoon I was sitting at the desk at work. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed a slip of paper laying on the ground by the door. I couldn't figure out how it had gotten there.. it hadn't been there when I came in... but I made a mental note to pick it up the next time I had to get up.
Moments later... the phone rang for my coworker. 
I stood, walked to the door and hollered up the stairs that the phone was for him. As I hollered, I reached down (without really looking) and picked up the paper.
Except that I didn't pick up the paper.
Because there was no paper.
I went back to the desk and sat down.... out of the corner of my eye... 
yup. 
The paper.

This time, I stand up walk towards the door.... and nearly drop to my knees laughing.
It was a sliver of sunlight coming through the basement(office) window, as I leaned towards it, it got blocked by my body... when I stood up and backed away it came back.
By the time my coworker came downstairs the light had shifted and there was no trace of my "paper"... and he kept looking at me as if I was demented.
Normal day in the group home.
Oh, that and the screaming and swearing at me.


4 comments:

RG said...

Aint life fun? All that and a new computeroo too!

Deb Cushman said...

Ahhh, the light plays silly tricks like that when it gets bored!

Anonymous said...

That coworker never screams and swears at me. What did you do to provoke him?

Pa Sheff

L.Bo Marie said...

oh my... I suppose I should be proof reading before I hit "post" it does look like poor coworker had a fit on me.

hahaha Pasheff... guess you just needed your coffee?