Thursday, June 26, 2008

sweet ride

Last night was a busy night at GTI dinner. There were several new people out from the community, and some returnees that we haven't seen since winter. 
One man I was glad to see was the farmer- lives in a small village a few kms out of town, he has some land, a place to live. He deals with some mental health issues, but keeps mostly to himself- and helps out other people where he can. AND he plays guitar.
The farmer hasn't been around since Januar
y- he took his van off the road- removed the plates, and cancelled the insurance. He's had some friends staying with him since then, so we weren't too too worried- he had company, and we had fairly regular updates from a variety of people. 
I'd asked A & M earlier in the week to say hi to the farmer and let him know he'd been missed- but I didn't expect to see him at dinner when he walked in. 
I didn't think too much about his van- I figured that he'd gotten it back on the road. 

Until dinner was wrapping up.

PaSheff came back in the building and asked me if I had my camera.



5 comments:

Deb Cushman said...

That's a funny looking van! How funny!

Anonymous said...

coolio :-)

Anonymous said...

how absolutely perfect.
heartwarming!
love it.

its all about community in the end!!!

LStew said...

that is approximately awesome!

RG said...

Ever hear the country song about a guy who always went off to the honky tonk so the wife took the car keys and the truck keys and the motorcycle keys but forgot the John Deere keys ???//

Did you cage a ride????