Tuesday, March 10, 2009

ART art

um... so the craziest thing just happened.

I'm sick enough that I recognize that it would be stupid to go to a concert tonight, even though I really really WANT to go.

I think I've written about this lovely spoken word artist from out East, Tanya Davis (friend of sweet Catherine) that I really enjoy... the one that sings "Art"... 

actually, awhile back I wrote about both of them.. about a session on "sad songs" on Vinyl Cafe (Cbc Radio) and about how it messed me up pretty good...  shoot, I wish I could get that "search this site" widget to work on here again....

anyway. the song that messed me up so well was "Art"- go have another listen to it. Really listen to it. And think about the things that you do well... and about whether you can be brave and let them go... to be heard/seen/judged/loved/hated/grow.... (just click on it!)

sigh.

back to my story....

tonight she's in Ptbo, not too far from here, and is doing a little house concert at Raven's house. (Dear Raven, I hope you like your blog name. I like to keep people guessing. and protect identities. HA) But... I've pulled a muscle in my chest from coughing... so I'm back to being sick when I cough from the effort of coughing. SO I made the difficult decision to stay at home. 

I got a message on the computer that said "I'm going to call you. answer the phone. you don't have to talk" from Raven, and when the phone rang, I picked it up and squeaked into it a little. And then....
she said...
I hope you can hear this
can you hear that?

(I hear the first bar of "Art")
and I squeak loudly "that's art! that's art!"

and I get a private phone concert from the lovely Tanya Davis. 
and I smile and cry and squeak and cough and wince all in that order, and then all at once a few times.
because I have lovely, thoughtful, creative, beautiful, talented friends.

4 comments:

LStew said...

that is SO awesome - what a gift!

RG said...

So I did click on it ... that video took a lot of work! ...

Such a message ... most everybody I know would rather never put their creations "out there" ... never take the chance to pass it on, to maybe make a difference, to plant seeds with faith ... bless those who do!

You got quite a treat!

Anonymous said...

That is quite simply beautiful.

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful Lesley. :)

((Hugs))