Wednesday, June 15, 2005

at odds with my ends

ok, I'm sitting on the front lawn with Norty, minding my own business. ok, more I was laying on the lawn.. and the rabbit was flopped out on the grass beside me, when I see this little tiny squeee-rail trying to climb the cherry tree out front. Each step it takes is accompanied by a little churpy noise. The little guy starts to climb the tree, sees that it'll take him no where... so comes back down and slowly walks toward me... the guy gets about half a foot away when I realize he intends to climb ME!!!!! I jump up and say sharply "hey little guy what the heck do you think your doing?" causing the rabbit to JUMP and run for the bush... BUT the squirrel just sits there and looks at me, so Norty (hero that he is) hops back over and tries to decide if the little fuzz is edible... at that, little BS (oh yes, I believe he is my friend from the day before) saunters over to the bush, and sits watching us... he then wanders over to the porch and goes up on to the deck....
ok.
I've decided that since I've had no luck in trying to marry rich, I'll make my fortune developing and patenting little crash helmets for squirrels.

And I'm going to buy myself a big fluorescent vest to aid all the concussed baby squeeee-rails.


I had the priviledge of joining in on the Cobourg Haunted Ghost Walk the other night... we got a group together, reserved our tickets and walked the streets with the town crier. I learned some pretty interesting stuff about the town that I'd never heard before. Word to the wise, don't read "The Link's" article before you go, most of the info from the tour is in the article...
Yeah, so we had a group of about ten or so (Sheff's and their groupies), and the town crier was dressed in a big black cloak and carried a lantern... pretty neat. The whole thing only cost $6, and it lasted about an hour. We hit the old Jail, the barracks building, Marie Dressler house and the town hall.... was cool- the info from the barracks building alone was enough to make the trip worthwhile to me.
Funny thing happened while we were in the court yard at the jail, our guide was pointing out that the old prisoners had etched their names into the bricks while they were out for exercise... the first name his flashlight landed on was "Jack". Poor Jacky went RED and we all started teasing him... lucky for him the date with the name placed him safe in a PLAY pen. (yes, I know, but puns make ME laugh)

No comments: