Thursday, June 02, 2005

shy or just plain dumb

I had this opportunity to go hang out with some new people last night, not in my most favorite of circumstances, but new people none the less.
And I turned it down.
WHY?
What's my problem? I LIKE new people... I enjoy new situations... what's with the selective shyness?

Friday night is "relay for life" the cancer fundraiser... it's our team's third year doing it. 12 hours of a walking relay.... "Pat's Rat Pack" is our team's name... makes me laugh because I think of that horrid yellow sweatshirt Mom used to wear all the time. There were these "Roots Athletic" tops that were really popular for a number of years, the one with the beaver sitting on top of it's lodge... Mom, being the he-larious woman that she was, went out and found one with "Rats Pathetic" on it, complete with an ugly old rat on a pile of sticks and garbage....
Last year they dedicated the walk to mom. They did a lap just for her and everything.... made me cry. Pretty cool. (Not the crying part)

Had a talk with Dad's girlfriend the other day... she's moving in. This will be strange. (don't worry though, I like her)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well there must of been at least one person there that you knew? that's ok though, there will be other oppurtunities for the gathering of friends and some strangers. after all a stranger is a friend you have not met yet! all your friends were strangers at one time. God will let you know when you should venture out into some unfamiliar territory. Have Faith. I'm glad that you like your dad'd girlfriend it does not change the strange factor though. Mom would be very proud of you and you know she is always with you, probably wearing the yellow sweatshirt that of course is restored to it's original bright bold yellow and I bet the rat is shinning brighter too. Walk proudly on Friday night and have lots of FUN!!!!