Saturday, August 27, 2005

homeward bound, I wish I was

back home, back to the slow computer and back into the rush of prep for the festival.
I'm really pumped about it, but I'm getting more nervious as it approaches. I was given a pretty big task, and I'm trying to live up to the expectations. But I don't really have the network of people necessary to do this. if ANY of you have any leads that could help... let me know!

I'm looking for::

15-20 picnic tables
10 shade umbrellas / shade tents
6-8 large tarps

ANY extention cords (heavey duty) and ANY strings of twinkle lights

anyone have a good contact with Rotary or others who could help us with the picnic tables???? they are my main concern.

I have lots to write about Jr. Youth 2005- but it'll have to wait. You HAVE to see the DVD Jeff and Adam made for this year.. those guys are helarious.. or maybe it's just the lack of sleep? It was SO nice to have some all-nighter buddies this year.
Camp was fantastic- dispite the technical difficulties... It was so good to catch up with people there- people who are really increadible and mean alot to me- but who I only see once or twice a year...But there's that hint of sadness too, who knows if I'll see them again next year? I was in some SERIOUS pain still the first three days of camp, which ment that I didn't get to join in on some of the activities... then things got too busy with the newsletter , so I didn't get to do much on the water this year, sad. BUT the weather was amazing, the kids were fantastic! and God was working like crazy... Our worship band really was awesome- I was so blessed working with the guys (and we ROCKED the place) and even when my replacement jumped in (because my workload picked up)I was swept up in some pretty intense times with God. It was so great to see the kids get freed up to connect with God... that's probably my favorite part of camp... watching the kids as they find that sanctuary- as they let go of here, and hang on to holy.

No comments: