Tuesday, August 16, 2005

there and back, ten cent cheaper gas

I will jump on the band wagon and complane about the price of gas to be sure. BUT. Gas can be had for ten cents less in Port Hope! yes, it's true, and I'm willing to drive the 7 mins just to get my gas there... and I have...

SO, the trip to Hamilton with Jenny was fun, (I am a huge fan of road trips)(dear sweet morgan...it's a wonder what that little car puts up with!) We finally left town around 1:30... and arrived at Darcey's place two and a bit hours later (time for some Arby's)but there was no Darcey home... we walked back to the car as she and Matt pulled up. It was SO good to see them, and our hang out time went by SO fast before it was time to head to Tehillia!
Tehillia was great... really really great. For those of you out of the loop, that's a Young Adult's Worship Service that happens in various places around Canada, I've had the great pleasure of hitting 5 different ones - not counting the two times that T.Toronto has moved. This was one of the smaller ones, BUT... it was so good because the pastor wasn't up there manipulating emotions (my biggest pet peeve)he had an actual message, with an actual point, with an actual plan of action... VERY refreshing.
PLUS I got to see my friend Nathan (from Chatham) who is probably one of the funniest people I've ever met - yeah, Roy's got his work cut out for him now... I was trying to imagine what trouble the world would be in if they ever hung out. *shudder*.
We all hung out at this place called Gateway? I think that's what it was... a random food court in the middle of nowhere- where I selfishly refused to share my frosty with anyone,Matt and Jen discussed the contents of gravey, Darcey ate MEAT on her fries and Nate wowed us with his table clearing skills. lol... it was a pretty funny night.
I headed back to the Burg this morning, picked up some gas in P-dot, then met up with Eh-Tanya for lunch and the theatre...
I hadn't seen "My Fair Lady" before.. not even the movie.... oh, I haven't even seen "Pretty Woman"! So, it was a real treat. There were a couple of GREAT songs, that I'll probably rent the movie just to learn... It was pretty cool seeing a show at the Capital that wasn't a town production... As much as I love to support local talent... I like a good production once in a while... with people who sing in key!
Sheff's are home, I spent the evening there tonight... I do love those people.
All said and done... it's been a great 33 hours.

No comments: