Friday, August 12, 2005

new things

a few new things came into my possesion today.
I am now the proud owner of a Barbie Doll cup holder.... it's suppose to be for a water bottle, but it attaches upright to your handlebars!!!! luuuuucky!

I have new fish.
There's only one of my original fish left (well.. no. It's not even one of the original originals... the last "Melinda" fish passed on about a month ago... I think the others were so attached to it, they kicked the bucket too) I decided it was time to get new ones as the last live fish had finished eating the remains of the dead ones.... gross.

ummm, Les... what's a "Melinda" fish?

Well, let's see, that story? It harkens back to the old days of living in the Petes....
One day I decided, "I'm going to get me a fish tank". So I did.
It was a pretty tank, purple and plasic, what more could a girl want?
A girl could want some fish to put in it!
So, my friend Melinda and I went to Wallymart to purchase some fishies. We couldn't find a clerk anywhere!!! we walked up and down isles, we stood in open areas... none to be found. So we decided upon self service fishies. We got the net, we got the bag, we got the sales stickers (who knew they needed to be scanned first?).. and we got ourselves 6 lovely little goldfish.. they were so tiny... I loved each and everyone.
True enough the sales lady gave us heck at the counter... she even said it was like trespassing! (wow!) meh... we were buying them, not putting them in our pockets! But eventually I got those little guys home and into their tank. It was at that point that I realized I hadn't been to shopper-savey... I had gotten nearly all identical fish... how on earth is one to name them? There was one with a little black mustachio "Groucho" was his handle, and one with a black line down his back (a teeny tiny line that dissapeared after a year) and the rest looked the same.. I named them all Melinda. It was easier that way.

I'm bored... will anyone go to the bean with me? I think I'll head over at 7:30.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Lesley.. lol i remember at the bridge, on msn and in emails... you really knew how to make a person laugh. I don't mean teeheehee's either... like HUGE laughter!
You still are the same aren't you?
LOL You're great. keep making others laugh ok!