Monday, September 05, 2005

life of pie (apple crumble)

ok, several melt-downs later.... a festival happened.
walking around the near empty site today I was hit (again) with (another) wave of tears. So many people worked SO hard to make this thing happen... and it was good.
Real good.
It always amazes me that people can, and will, pull together to make things happen. (no, I'm not going to make some profound statement of what we need to do for our Southern friends... you already know)
Seeing that thousand plus group of people out enjoying their weekend, things running smoothly, people finding what they needed, being able to pray for them (even if they didn't know it), building new realationships, engaging in some really neat conversations... yeah, that was all worth it. And then there's the music... whoa. what a talented group of people... I learned a ton of new music, shmoozed with some top names, made some great friends....I learned SO much!!!

and then there's that whole singing with Aengus thing....

I didn't get to sing with him Thursday at the volunteer thing... that was pretty sad (ok, you know me, I was devistated) Then, due to the busy nature of the weekend... didn't get to sing with him at any of the campfire things (oh my... the campfires deserve their own posting) (again with the devistating disapointment).

But, you'll be relieved to hear... I sang with him on the main stage, during the festival the last day.

Highlight of the year baby...
and then someone bought me a pie just because.
really? can life get any better?

No comments: