Friday, February 02, 2007

the tree

If you drive past my house today... and you'd better do it quickly as the snow continues to pile up... You'll see the tiniest little Christmas tree that ever was a Christmas tree.

I'm a bit of a sentimentalist....

a bit you say??? ... snort!.... did I ever tell you about the time she.....

shut it you.

As I was saying, I've always been a bit of a sentimentalist. I've got odd little nick knacks dating back to goodness knows when for goodness knows what reasons. Not that I'm a pack rat... I do a good purge every year, I just have a tendency to ascribe meaning and emotion to the most random of things.

I love decorating for Christmas, but taking the Christmas beauties down takes me awhile, about mid January I am finally coerced into packing things away... only when I notice that the only Christmas stuff still out is my own... This year, I beat my roomie.. mostly. She had all her stuff down and packed, but not put back into storage... I beat her to that... sort of... other than the six decorations that didn't make it into the box... a few of them are still sitting on the coffee table.

But this year I got this fantastic little tree! a real tree! a lovely tiny perfect tree! complete with a real pine cone, a few drops of bird dirt AND!!!! it had decorations on it!!! It sat smiling at me on my dresser when I came home on my birthday.

Yesterday I was leaning into the dresser looking for socks, and I was hit by this little tiny shower... of needles. So today... The tree was removed... So sad.. so.. so.. SO... sad. It showered the bedroom, it showered me, it showered the staircase when I forgot to look out for the ceiling on the way down... sigh...
I plunked it down right side up into the snowbank... it's waiting to cheer up everyone's day.

No comments: